Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
AACR-Minority and Minority-serving Institution Faculty Scholar Awards in Cancer Research
The purposes of this award program are to increase the scientific knowledge base of minority faculty members and faculty members at minority-serving institutions, and to encourage them and their students to pursue careers in cancer research.
- Candidates must meet at least one of the below criteria:
- Underrepresented minority faculty (as defined by the NCI include African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Pacific Islander/Hawaiian, and Alaska Native)
- Faculty member of a Minority-Serving Institution (Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Hispanic-serving Institutions, and other minority institutions as defined by the US Department of Education)
- Candidates must be at the level of assistant professor or above and engaged in meritorious basic, clinical or translational cancer research
- Candidates must have completed doctoral studies or clinical fellowships and hold full-time faculty status at an institution designated as a minority-serving institution or be a full-time underrepresented minority faculty member at another institution.
- Candidates must have acquired doctoral degrees in fields relevant to cancer research.
- Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States or Canada.
- Candidates must be the presenters of meritorious abstracts at the upcoming AACR Annual Meeting.
Required Application Materials
- Complete online application and provide all information requested.
- The applicant must list one mentor in a supervisory capacity (i.e. dean, department head, etc.) at the candidate’s institution who could certify the information in the application upon request.
- Personal statement written by the candidate (no longer than two pages in length) describing the benefit he/she expects to derive from attending the conference and the reasons for the candidate’s interest in the conference.
- One letter of reference from a faculty member in a supervisory role at the applicant’s institution. The letter should be addressed to the AACR-MMSI Faculty Scholar in Cancer Research Awards Committee, and should comment on the applicant’s academic and personal qualifications for this award. The letter of recommendation should be on letterhead with visible signature.
- A copy of the abstract submitted for presentation at the meeting. Candidates must provide the abstract control number.
- Curriculum vitae, including a complete bibliography (list of publications).
- Abstract Submission: November 18, 2021
- AACR-MMSIF Application: December 9, 2021